Thursday, January 14

pretty purple pinwheels

I'm a huge advocate of DIY, and think it's great when people use a little elbow grease to create something great on their own, rather than buy everything brand-new. So I was super impressed when I saw these gorgeous pictures of Ali Wentworth's home in Elle Decor, and went on to learn that she painted the purple spiral pattern on that rug herself!


Considering she's a successful actress, writer, and TV personality, and that she's married to ABC's George Stephanopoulos, I'm sure they could afford to buy just about any rug they wanted. You've got to admire her willingness to crawl around on the floor with a paintbrush and fabric dye for awhile to get the look she wanted without spending another dime. You can click here to read the full article, it's an interesting read.


I want to try that!

Update: Betty left the comment that on Oprah, Ali said the spirals were her way to cover up a little mess that her dog made on the carpet. Very clever and stylish solution!

2 comments:

  1. She was on Oprah and said the reason why she painted the swirls on the carpet, Was because her dog peed on it and Greg wouldn't let her buy a new rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! How funny! I updated the post with the new information:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.