Tuesday, December 22

a tasty treat


My mama made me this amazing soup while I was visiting last week, and I thought I would share it with you:) She got the recipe from my Aunt Becky, and let me tell you, it's amazing! Don't be put off by the fact that it's pumpkin in a savory dish ... it's really, really good.

ingredients:
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms - chopped
1/2 cup onion - chopped
1-4 tablespoons butter
1/2 - 1 tablespoon curry powder
3 cups chicken broth
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1 - 2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg


  • In a large pot, saute the mushrooms, onion and butter until tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder until blended. Add a little more flour until thickened.
  • Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly over low heat. Let it boil slightly and keep stirring until thickened.
  • Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Heat through, scraping bottom of the pot to keep it from sticking.
  • Optional: garnish servings with sour cream and chives or green onions.
Bon appetit!

0 comments ... click to leave a comment!:

Post a Comment

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.