Tuesday, November 17

there's beauty in the breakdown


Today I thought I would make
a little post breaking down the expenses and materials used for the dresser we fixed up. If you click on the Anthropologie links, they will take you directly to the info for that particular hardware selection. Here's the list with the original prices.

The dresser: $40.00 from Craigslist furniture
The white knobs: $16.00 for two, from Anthropologie Hardware/Knobs
The card catalog pull: $32 for four, from Anthropologie Hardware/Pulls
The wood putty: $5.00 from Home Depot
The paint: $23.50 for a gallon of Behr Creamy White from Home Depot

Total: $116.50

BUT....

We're pretty thrifty, and we had a gift card.

SO....

Here's the real total:)

The dresser: we talked the guy down to $30.00
The white knobs: free! All thanks to a gift card from my parents.
The card catalog pulls: only $3.15, after I used the last of said gift card from my parents.
The wood putty: $5.00
The paint: they were able to whip us up an identical generic for $20.00

Total: $58.15

So how much did we save? We saved $58.35 - just 20 cents away from being exactly half price! Weird, huh?


Here's one more look at the finished product. Not too bad for $58.15, right?

0 comments ... click to leave a comment!:

Post a Comment

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.