Tuesday, July 5

I'm just mad about: maps


Maps seem to be everywhere in the design world right now, and I'm getting in on the trend! Carmen from Life Blessons made this adorable map that I found on Pinterest. I made my own map just like it, and my husband and I had so much fun filling out the little papers to represent some of our adventures together:)


My dear friend Claire gave me this California map print recently. Isn't it adorable? Speaking of Claire, she got ENGAGED this weekend!!! Yayyyyyyy!!!


This is another fun Pinterest find that I haven't gotten around to copying yet. All you need is a piece of paper with a heart cut out of the middle, and a small map of a destination you love:)


And now for the part where you get free stuff! I was at the local library last week, rummaging through a big box of books they were giving away, and I found something pretty cool: a vintage textbook full of beautiful old maps! I scanned a whole bunch of them into my computer and I'm sharing them with you guys:) If you have trouble clicking, downloading or printing them, let me know and I can email you the files! 


This is the one I have on the shelf by the matador print. The three below go with it as a set of four.



I just love the colors in these two Canada ones.

 


Happy Mapping!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I've had the California map artist bookmarked in my etsy favorites for several months. I love their designs! I have a little framed b&w line drawing to send you, I bought it years ago at the little gallery next to the Daily Leader and I've just never found the perfect place for it -- and when I saw your post about your love of them, I knew the perfect place was in your home! It's of a lady's skirt, crossed legs & pretty shoes, sounds weird but it's whimsical and fun. Send me your mailing address and I'll ship it when I'm mailing my tea cup orders out later this week. . . Hope you had a lovely 4th! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love maps too! I have arty maps of the places my H and I lived before The Boy, and I just got a great, big laminated world map that I'm ready to mount on cork board so I can stick pins in all the places he's visited. Only So Cal and England so far, but it's a start :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those old maps! p.s. thanks for the font you sent me. and for the shout-out ;) you're too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.