Wednesday, June 1

playing "Tennessee" by Marcel on repeat


We just returned last night from a whirlwind trip to my husband's hometown in Tennessee. His little sister got married on Saturday, and we decided to make a whole vacation out of it! We flew in to the Nashville airport last Thursday night, where my grandmother (Neenah) and step-grandfather (Daddy Jim) picked us up.


 They took us to a delicious italian restaurant for dinner, and then we stopped by the gorgeous Union Station hotel.


 It was breathtaking!


We spent the night with them at their home in Alabama, then after breakfast we headed up to spend the rest of the trip with hubby's side of the family. It was so much fun!


We took our nephew Max to feed the ducks and geese. 


My sister-in-law Michelle and I taught him to do a pretty good goose impression.


I always forget how humid it gets in the southern heat! It was actually kind of refreshing, even though I look like a sweaty mess in all these pictures. In the one below it looks like I'm trying to cool off my underarms. Ha!


I loved being able to hang out with my husband's awesome brother Philippe. He's so much fun to be around!


And even though I'd already been to my husband's old high school, I had him take me back so I could force him into posing for pictures like this one ...


And this one below, which I took at his elementary school. It's a re-creation of one of my favorite childhood pictures of him, which was taken at the same school:)


Say it with me now .... awwwwwww!


There's a LOT more about the trip I can't wait to share, like pictures from his sister's wedding and all about how we scavenged through abandoned warehouses, but that will have to wait for another post. Check back soon!






0 comments ... click to leave a comment!:

Post a Comment

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.