Friday, December 18

so here it is, Merry Christmas everybody's havin' fun!

Today is Top Five Friday, but we are doing a special edition and listing our top 10 favorite Christmas tunes! Don't forget to read Jillian and Jill's lists!

10. Let it Snow - Dean Martin: I love his voice, and this song is so cute! This song is also the first thing you hear when you watch one of my favorite holiday movies, The Family Stone.

9. Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms: This is a classic, and it just doesn't sound the same when anyone else sings it!

8. Santa's Beard - The Beach Boys: To be honest, this song gets super annoying after about half a listen, but I love it anyway! One year when we were all little, my parents played us this song. For some reason my brothers and I LOVED it and wanted to listen to it over and over. My poor parents put up with us playing it on repeat for the month of December, and I'm pretty sure the majority of my family could sing every word to this day.

7. Suzy Snowflake - Rosemary Clooney: I had never heard this song until my senior year of college when my bestie Jill played it for me. We both became obsessed with this cute, wholesome little tune and (as Jill wrote in her blog) even recorded it and made it into terrible-sounding ringtones for our phones! I always think of her when I hear it!

6. Happy Holiday (Beef Wellington Remix) - Bing Crosby: I've had it for three years, but I am yet to get tired of my Merry Mixmas CD. I have burned copies of songs from it for just about everyone I know, and I start listening to it as early on in the season as I can! This is one of my favorites from that CD!

5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee: This is another one of those classics that just doesn't sound the same when anyone else sings it!

4. O Come All Ye Faithful - Nat King Cole: These words are so sweet and simple, but it's still such a moving song. Download this one, it's a keeper!

3. O Holy Night - Luciano Pavarotti: This song is just enchanting. You can listen to it on my blog by clicking here.

2. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (Q-Burns Abstract Message Remix) - Johnny Mercer & The Pied Pipers: I like this song so much, I made it a Must Have Monday last week! You can read about it by clicking here.

1. What Christmas Means to Me - Stevie Wonder: This will always take me back to my sophomore year of college. We really went all-out celebrating Christmas that year, complete with a full-sized Christmas tree, a nice Christmas party, the reading of the Bible story from Luke, and having a fake "Christmas morning" where we recorded ourselves opening presents. This song was on repeat for the weeks leading up to Christmas break, and we continued bringing it out every year of college afterward. It brings back many fond memories of spreading holiday cheer with all my college besties!

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy! I've linked you to a blog award...check me out, http://jedonahue.blogspot.com/. Can't wait to hear about your trip home, hope you're doing well. Love you xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.