Wednesday, April 20

sisal rope art + 3 current obsessions


This post is going to be a bit all over the place, so bear with me! First of all, I attempted to add some height to the room (as I conversed about in the comments here) by doing this project from design*sponge. I really like how it turned out! I have to say though, she wasn't kidding when she said it takes 4-5 hours. It's definitely not a do-it-in-one-day project!


I ran out of rope before I could finish it, but I plan to add more swirly designs to the rope leading down to the "Hello" as soon as I have time. In the next day or two I'll be sharing a super fun craft project that my sister and I collaborated on. We took one very long maxi dress, cut it in half, then .... you'll have to wait and see;) Until then, I'll leave you with a few of my (current) favorite things!


1. Vera Neumann: I've wanted to buy this book since the minute it came out, and I finally treated myself and bought it a few weeks ago:) Now I want to start collecting vintage Vera table and bed linens!


Her designs are just so fresh and happy.


I've had this Vera image/quote as my desktop background on my laptop for ages!



2. An Abundance of Art: I think the organizer/neat freak in me has always said "Don't clutter up the walls. That's bad". Which is funny because I love the look of walls filled with interesting art. I had a bit of an epiphany not long after reading this post full of pictures of Kate and Andy Spade's home on M Crooked Letter. I wrote a comment saying how I wished I could have their art collection, and a few days later I thought, why can't I?!


Ever since then I've been snatching up frames with reckless abandon, and filling them with something I love ... even if it's just a family photo or a little sketch that only took me 5 minutes to draw.



3. Eye-Catching Textiles: While I don't think my love for white walls, all-white bedding and neutral furniture will ever change, my love for accessorizing everywhere with bold textiles just grows and grows.


Wouldn't this Vera Neumann tablecloth look amazing as an upholstered headboard, or even framed as over-sized wall art?


Love this navy ikat lampshade. So modern and vintage looking at the same time.


Okay, so this last example is a bit over-the-top for my tastes, but it still rocks. Go maximalism! (But only when it comes to decor).

5 comments:

  1. I love all these pics! and i totally agree about a neutral background and bold accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rope art is so cute and I love how you incorporated wording into it! So clever & sweet! It does look like an extremely laborious project:S But worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kate Spade's style - it's very lived in and, actually, reminds me of my mom's house. I aspire to live like that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the rope! I am into covering everything with rope and twine right now.

    It is very cool!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too creative! i love your style! we have rope art like that @ the store! you will have to do a step-by-step tutorial of how you did it :) I may have to try it sometime! hope all is well in california :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.