Wednesday, November 24


I've just returned from an amazing vacation in Scottsdale, AZ, and I didn't come home empty handed! How adorable is this trench coat from H&M? I've been wanting a short, casual trench for awhile, and this is exactly what I had in mind.


Possibly my favorite thing about it is the plaid-lined hood. I think it makes the coat look extra fun and youthful.


What are those navy blue and white ruffles peeking out from under the trench coat, you ask? Why, it's this party dress, also from H&M! It's so fun and girly, I knew I had to snatch it up as soon as I spotted it. Now all I need is a place to wear it, so if you're in the greater San Diego area and you're throwing a bash anytime soon, give me a call! I'm told I'm a lot of fun at a party! LOL;) 


 I also came home with these gorgeous vintage books, a gift from my little sister Lizzie and her friend Anna. There's so much inspiration for patterns, color schemes, and decor ideas to be found on the beautiful covers! I especially love the olive green, gold, black, orange and cream color scheme of the one with the feather-looking design. Those would be great colors for a study or formal living room.


Here they are at home, next to my rather sad-looking English ivy plant:)


And that's not all! This sweet little zinc "F" letter has been on my wishlist forever, and my brother John and his girlfriend Kelli-Anne happened to spot it in Anthropologie and got it for me! I'm so excited, I just love the industrial look of it, like it was plucked off an old abandoned sign for a hardware store or something.


I think it makes a great addition to my collection of odds and ends above the sofa.

As for what I was doing in Scottsdale, that's a whole other post! Stay tuned;)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, if I were in San Diego, I'd throw a party just so you could wear that dress - it IS so fun & girly. And I love-love-LOVE that trench coat! It looks great on you. Curious to hear about this trip to Scottsdale, I'll definitely stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, love that coat and the dress! Great finds. I'm so jealous of your books too. Wish I lived closer to San Diego so we could have a party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest marygrace,

    i just want you to know how grateful i am that we are cyber-friends. you are so adorable and i love your jacket. i love when bloggers show themselves, it brings so much realness to their words, don't you think?

    have a wonderful thanksgiving.

    ~janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! Do you know that I would look a hot mess if I tried to pull off that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty girl! I love the new duds and books too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coat, LOVE the dress, you look fabulous in them! I think you need to wear that out for New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I'm so glad you liked the books Lizzie and I found! I thought they were so neat and fun! And the trench coat and dress are also adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poly - Something tells me we would have a really good time at a party together!

    Emily Ann - I would love that, and thank you!

    Janet - You are so sweet, and I am so grateful for you! xoxoxo

    Kelli Anne - Haha! I doubt that very much, pretty girl! But thank you:)

    Jilly - Thanks buddy:) xoxo

    Mrs. B - Oooo that's a good idea! Thanks!

    Anna - Yes, I love them! They are so cute and fit in perfectly here:) So sweet of you two to think of me!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.